Energiesprong is recruiting!
Role profile: Communication & Event manager european projects
Title: Communication manager
Reports to: Head of Strategy and Operations
Location: Flexible (option for home-based working)
Role may require occasional international travel (mainly NL, FR, UK, DE)
Remuneration: Competitive: up to 0.3 FTE (1.5 day per week)
Energiesprong UK seeks an external contractor to support the organisation and coordination of communication & events initially for a 35 Million EU funded project: Mustbe0 (Interreg), but the role may be expanded in case additional (EU) funding will be secured in the course of this contract. The core element of this role will include:
- Coordinate communications between all participating project partners
- Organise and lead bi-weekly calls
- Responsible for all Mustbe0 communication deliverables by the lead partner with support of other partners, such as leading on: drafting a Marketing Communication plan, newsletters, articles, update websites, press releases, knowledge papers, social media etc.
- Organise international project partner meetings
- (venue, logistics, information, briefings, budgeting, contracting, supporing material, catering etc.)
- Organise site visits to retrofit locations and companies for interested parties both in UK as well as internationally in case needed.
- Organise events for housing companies/construction companies and others to come together and discuss relevant topics.
- Budget responsibility to ensure invoices for payments from and to Energiesprong for these purposes is kept in check.
The amount of time for these tasks amounts up to 0.6 FTE until project end (30 Nov 2023) for the MB0 project, but is not a guarantee for work and will depend on project needs. In case additional funding is found this role could be extended up to 0.8 FTE.
Quotes are requested for a daily rate basis. Details of the expected amount of work will be established further into the procedure of appointing.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Energiesprong is an approach to delivering net zero energy retrofit of homes at scale, financed by savings and with performance guaranteed.
Dutch for ‘Energy Leap’, it was developed by the Dutch Government with their housing and construction industries between 2010 and 2017. The Netherlands has the same carbon reduction targets as those set by the UK Climate Change Act, requiring a zero-emission building stock by 2050. They realised that a radically different approach to the measure by measure, grant funded norm was needed. Delivery rates had to go up, and costs had to come down to enable financing without public subsidy.
The key principles of the Energiesprong approach are:
- net zero in one go: whole house, super-efficient thermal wrap with renewable energy generation, storage and heating;
- guaranteed actual performance: annual net zero energy, comfort every day and affordable bills;
- offsite manufacturing: industrialisation for quality, cost reduction and minimal onsite disruption;
- retrofit cost financed by guaranteed long term energy and maintenance savings;
- affordable, grid friendly electrification: 90% carbon reduction now, zero carbon as the grid decarbonizes.
Energiesprong UK is an independent, 100% publicly funded not for profit organisation. Our mission is to adapt the Dutch approach for the UK and develop a volume market that can deliver net zero energy retrofit and new build, at scale without public subsidy. We support landlords, supply chain, Governments and opinion formers and work closely with our sister Energiesprong teams in NL, FR, DE & IT.
- Required skills:
- Significant relevant experience of working within an international context, marketing and/or communications, including growing and managing multiple audiences
- The ability to create engaging content and deliver this across a range of channels including, web, print, social, and email
- Capable of managing the delivery of high-quality outputs within a transnational environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills, including able to negotiate favours and save costs where possible, all while maintaining an excellent relationship with counterparts;
- On the spot problem solving skills and stress resilience in such situations;
- Excellent sense of taste for organising appealing events that inspire both in setup as well as choice of location;
- Eye for detail and ability to tightly plan complex events.
- A creative eye for graphic design outputs
- Working English is essential, French and Dutch are desirable
- You know the basics of working with Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
- Able to work with video editor software such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere is a big plus
- How to apply
Please submit your application with a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please do so before the 7th of January 2022.
You are requested to elaborate on your relevant experience and your personal ambition as well as style of working. The project proposal for MUSTBE0 can be made available on request.