We are hiring
Role profile: EU project manager multi-storyinnovation Programme
Title: EU Project Manager
Reports to: Head of Strategy and Operations
Location: Flexible (option for home-based working)
Role may require occasional international travel (mainly NL, FR, UK, DE)
Remuneration: Competitive: up to 0.3-0.5 FTE (1.5-2.5 days per week)
Energiesprong UK seeks an external contractor to support the coordination and help deliver the project management requirements for a 35 Million EU funded project: MUSTBE0 (InterregNWE). The core element of this role will include:
- Support the project director in ensuring collaboration with all project partners works smoothly.
- Compile deliverables and integrate them in 6-monthly reporting for Interreg. Compile 6-montly financial claims and progress reports for Interreg.
- Provide partners with some support when it comes to resolving programme specific questions/issues.
- Establishing and maintain relationships with the Interreg secretariat and partners primarily across the UK, DE, FR and NL.
- Provide oversight and monitor spending of Energiesprong against the EU Projects.
The amount of time for these tasks amounts to an estimated 0.3 FTE until project end (30 Nov 2023).
Quotes are requested for a daily rate basis. Details of the expected amount of work will be established further into the procedure of appointing.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Energiesprong is an approach to delivering net zero energy retrofit of homes at scale, financed by savings and with performance guaranteed.
Dutch for ‘Energy Leap’, it was developed by the Dutch Government with their housing and construction industries between 2010 and 2017. The Netherlands has the same carbon reduction targets as those set by the UK Climate Change Act, requiring a zero-emission building stock by 2050. They realised that a radically different approach to the measure by measure, grant funded norm was needed. Delivery rates had to go up, and costs had to come down to enable financing without public subsidy.
The key principles of the Energiesprong approach are:
- net zero in one go: whole house, super-efficient thermal wrap with renewable energy generation, storage and heating;
- guaranteed actual performance: annual net zero energy, comfort every day and affordable bills;
- offsite manufacturing: industrialisation for quality, cost reduction and minimal onsite disruption;
- retrofit cost financed by guaranteed long term energy and maintenance savings;
- affordable, grid friendly electrification: 90% carbon reduction now, zero carbon as the grid decarbonizes.
Energiesprong UK is an independent, 100% publicly funded not for profit organisation. Our mission is to adapt the Dutch approach for the UK and develop a volume market that can deliver net zero energy retrofit and new build, at scale without public subsidy. We support landlords, supply chain, Governments and opinion formers and work closely with our sister Energiesprong teams in NL, FR, DE & IT.
3. How to apply
Please submit your application with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do so before the 14th of February 2022.
You are requested to elaborate on your relevant experience and your personal ambition as well as style of working. The project proposal for MUSTBE0 can be made available on request.